‘Millennials’ can appear to be a mysterious, unproductive and thoughtless generation. But the latest surveys of consumer behavior, shows millennials to be making solid purchasing decisions based on some key mobile factors. According to an article from e-marketer.com, these are the most important 9 factors to keep in mind when swaying the minds of Millennials.
- They love a good deal. Ok, we all love a good deal. But Millennials will wait, or shop somewhere else. 55.5% will make a purchase based on a ‘good deal’, followed by best customer service and lastly, if it’s philanthropic.
- Millennials are emerging as big coupon users including direct mail, newspapers and coupon books. Paperless coupon usage ranks the highest a 47%.
- Grocery store surveys shows 40% Millennials will find coupons or compare prices online while they are grocery shopping.
- Over 50% of Millennials are making mobile purchases, using mobile bill pay along with sending and receiving money through mobile, ie Google Wallet.
- Here’s a big one. 78% of Millennials will look to reviews of a product or service to help them make a buying decision, followed by family & friend’s referral and in last place, responding to ads.
- Social media is the #1 resource for Millennials as a path to their purchases. WOW – who said social media doesn’t produce a solid ROI? Second is Google, has Google ever been second in anything?? Amazon, retail websites, friends & family, TV, website ads and lastly, radio influence these buying decisions.
- Product research starts on Amazon for Millennials. Of course it does, you can find just about anything on Amazon!
- Although the research starts on Amazon, if a company offers an online discount code or email offer, Millennials will likely make the purchase directly from the retailer.
- You might want to sit down for this one…Millennials are sitting for this one too.
33% of Millennials will shop digitally while in the bathroom! The highest out of 3 generations to do so! Even furthermore, Millennials, Gen X and Baby Boomers all do most of their digital shopping from bed. The evolution of mobile…at it’s finest.