As we roll through the second week of the new year, it’s that time where the laundry list of resolutions start to fall to the wayside. This year, I decided that I wasn’t going to make a “resolution ” per say, simply a commitment to be present in all I do. It’s so easy to get wrapped up in to do lists, projects, errands, work and the daily grind. Our minds are going 100mph, getting one thing accomplished and quickly moving on to the next. While the daily frenzy may be productive, we often lose sight of being present in the moment. There are huge payoffs both personally and in business.
For all intents and purposes, let’s look at this for business. How can we be more present in our businesses?
1. Listen. Sounds simple, but it is often very difficult to really listen to customers, co-workers and staff.
2. Prioritize. Prioritize the items that distract you from being present.
3. Engage. Engage with customers and your employees. This one requires #1 on this list. Listen, and then respond.
4. Delegate. You can’t be present in each moment or interaction is you are a jack of all trades and a master of none.
5. Consult with g2 media pros (see #4) – yes, we can help you listen to your customers, help you prioritize your needs and help you engage with your customers.
We strategize with you to develop and execute your digital marketing strategy.
Be present and reap the rewards.